I am a first generation Italian and the youngest of four children. In hopes for a better life for our family, my parents, Salvatore and Rosaria Ginella, came to the United States from Italy in 1959. Although we had no formal means of transportation, my father worked as a Barber in Canton, Ohio, while my mother worked as a housewife. My father became ill and my mother began working outside of the home as a Dietician. At this time, I began working at the age of eleven, sweeping the parking lot of a local restaurant for one dollar a day.
Continuing to work at the restaurant, I advanced to various positions, including bus boy, dishwasher, and short order cook until the age of fourteen. I then began working with Mr. Vincenzo Cinquemani doing landscaping until the age of sixteen, during that time, my father passed away. I continued with my education at McKinley Sr. High School where I enrolled in a two year law enforcement program. When I graduated from McKinley Sr. High School in 1980, I was certified through the Ohio Police Officer Training Academy.
After graduating high school, I attended The University of Akron while working my way through college as a plumbers’ apprentice through Local 94 for Spino & Co. In 1986, I graduated from The University of Akron with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice. While working in the Loss-Prevention Department at First National Supermarket handling theft and shortages, I was accepted into the University of Akron, School of Law. In the fall of 1986, I became employed with the Canton Municipal Court as a personal bailiff for Judge Anthony Flex until his retirement in 1990, at which time I became a judicial law clerk for Judge John Wise until 1993. I continued to work as a judicial law clerk in the Canton Municipal Court under Judges Mary A. Falvey, William B. Hoffman, Richard J. Kubilus, John A. Poulos, and Richard Reinbold. In 1995, I was licensed by the Supreme Court of Ohio and was appointed Judicial Law Clerk Magistrate for Judge V. Lee Sinclair in the Stark County Court of Common Pleas.
In 1997, I was employed by McDonald’s Corporation, owner/operator Guy Cicchini, as in-house counsel. In July 1998, I started a private practice with my primary concentration areas of law in landlord/tenant, real estate, business transaction, and probate/estate planning. Currently, I have a private practice in the Belden Village area.
I currently reside in Lawrence Township, Canal Fulton, Ohio, with Suzanna, my wife. We have three adult children; Anthony, Nicholas, and Andrea, and our family attends Sts. Philip & James Parish in Canal Fulton.
• Stark County Bar Association, Member
• Ohio State Bar Association, Member
• National Italian American Bar Association, Member
• Elder Law Committee Stark County Bar Association, Member
• Municipal Court Committee Stark County Bar Association, Member
• Heartland Behavioral State Institution, appointed counsel for patients
• Portage Lakes Vocational School Criminal Justice Program, Former Advisory Board Member
• Massillon Chamber of Commerce, Massillon, Ohio, Member
• Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce – Jackson-Belden office, Member
• Unique Club of Stark County Ohio, Member
• Unique Club of Stark County Ohio, Scholarship Committee Member
• Ohio Stark County Farm Bureau, Member
• Canal Fulton YMCA in Canal Fulton, Ohio, Board Member
• Northwest Stark Senior Citizens Center, Advisor/Former Board Member
• Knights of Columbus, Knight 3rd degree
• Stark County Catholic School/Holy Cross Academy, Board Member
• Catholic Schools Development Committee, Board Member
• MS Conversanese Italian Club of Akron, Ohio, Member
• Sts. Philip & James Catholic Church Finance Committee, Board Member and Legal Advisor
• Sts. Philip & James Catholic Church Finance Committee, Former President
• Sts. Philip & James Catholic Church, Former Parish Council Member
• Sts. Philip & James Catholic Church, Former Renovation Committee Member
• Boy Scouts of America Buckeye Council, Volunteer Troup 94 in Canal Fulton
• Northwest Jackson Soccer League, Former Soccer Coach
• Building Industry Association of Stark County, Member
• Stark County 4-H Club, Volunteer
Don’t Forget to Vote on November 5, 2019!